ethical non-monogamy support
Where topics like kink and ethical non-monogamy are celebrated and spoken about openly in a non-judgmental place.
Recent nationally representative surveys state that 32 percent of American adults said their ideal relationship style is consensual non-monogamy. Yet there are lots of misunderstandings and myths about what ethical non-monogamy is. Though Ethical Non-Monogamy (ENM) and Consensual Non-Monogamy (CNM) lifestyles are gaining mainstream awareness, most people remain uninformed, including therapists and other helping professionals.
There is no one-size-fits-all ENM relationship. There are many subtypes, such as polyamory, open relationships, swinging, solo poly, and being “monogamish.” ENM/CNM relationships also experience changes in dynamics and need support.
For those who live an *alternative* lifestyle, there are a lot of big-picture questions that are dealt with daily. Many report that they often accommodate society by trying to “fit in.” When seeking support, they often find themselves sacrificing parts of themselves or have to continually educate others about their lifestyle, which may lead to feelings of shame and anxiety.
Many of our clients are part of the BDSM and ethical non-monogamy lifestyle community. They have shared with us the need for a space to meet and support others who share the same lifestyle in an open, non-judgmental space with like-minded individuals.
The ENM support group is a non-judgmental place where you can discuss your relationship, sexuality, and other mental health issues without being stigmatized or having your lifestyle choice judged or pathologized.
We intend to create a safe space for you and other participants to share more openly while receiving acceptance, respect, attention, and understanding.
Types of topics covered in groups
- Coming out (to self, partner, or someone else).
- Learn & Practice clear, ongoing communication and consent.
- Introducing ENM to your relationship in a mutually respectful way.
- Introducing new partners/paramours.
- Jealousy issues and how to use them for personal and relational growth.
- Mismatches in sexual preferences within a relationship.
- Mismatches in sexual libido within a relationship.
- Identifying or recovering from an abusive dynamic.
- Choosing ethical non-monogamy from a place of freedom.
- Experiencing anxiety/depression.
- Feeling pressured into choices.
- Difficulty in sharing your lifestyle with those outside of your community.
- Fear of not being able to find compatible partners.
- Discomfort with your identity/lifestyle.
- Exploring gender roles.
- Anxiety/fear that may extinguish your ENM/CNM interests.
- Guilt and shame about accidentally hurting a partner or crossing a partner’s sexual boundaries.
- Gaining clarity around sexual interests, types of sensation, or power dynamics would be most satisfying.
Ethical Non-Monogamy Support 8-Week Group Program
Begins Thursday October 13th, 2022
Weekly on Thursdays 6:30 pm – 8 pm
Option 1: $550 for program
Option 2: $275/ two payments done monthly
Society teaches us that vulnerability and seeking our authentic self is worthy of shame while we celebrate it from others. Together we will build resiliency against shame by practicing vulnerability in telling your stories and learning to honor the perfections of your imperfections. Learn more about Tony.